Wednesday, May 27, 2009

... there's a stillness first.


I'm alone at home.

But, in a few minutes, my husband will be home and then my daughter and we'll be rushing around to get ready for her induction ceremony into the National Junior Honors Society in less than 3 hours. Instead of allowing myself to enjoy these last few moments of calm, I'm becoming anxious at the idea that this time to myself is slowly slipping away. It happens all the time. I don't look forward to the way the dogs flipout when the door opens and the inevitable reminder that I forgot to do something that was asked of me this morning while I was half asleep or not giving my full attention to the question being asked.


So, I remind myself now... right now... that it's a good thing, too. That my husband will be happy to see me and my daughter will be excited to get ready for this honor she's worked all school year for... And I am lucky. Lucky my husband can't wait to come home and my daughter is such a wonderful person.


The slam of the car door... And now it begins.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and visting my blog. I think you are off to a great start on your blog. I have found mine to be very rewarding.

    I don't get too much time by myself at home and when I do I get a sense of time slipping by and getting nervous about it.

    Congratulations to daughter for making the National Junior Honors Society.

    ReplyDelete